Sunday, June 8, 2008
Help the world by clicking (part 2)
I'm quite happy that my prevous post arose some interest among the readers.
But before I start writing about some other websites, let me say it clearly -
there is no scam in these websites, each and every click (resp. you viewing an ad)
helps the environment and is no get-quickly-rich scheme.
The next website I will focus on is:
This is a very well designed website. I advise you to register and keep track of your help.
Once you've registered, there are a number of options to click on :
• Stop Global Warming - your click helps carbon reduction in the atmosphere.
• Rainforests - saving 23 sq.ft of rainforest per clcik
• Oceans - a click keeps pollutants out of the ocean
• BabySeals - a click supports a campaign in Canada to build public pressure against
• Big Cats - each click saves some acres of tiger's natural areal
• Primates - a click provides a chimpanzee with an orange or banana
• Pets in Need - click to help a starving animal
• Children in Need - 14 children need sponsorship. Our clicks can help them
• Violence against Women - each click supports Amnesty International's Stop
Violence Against Women programs
• Stop Breast Cancer - help The Breast Cancer Fund organization by a click
This is a group of websites, supported by the same person/company.
One click values some donation, that sponsors make in favour of people in distress.
There are 6 websites :
► TheHungerSite- each click gives 1.1 cups of food to the hungry.
► BreastCancerSite - our clicks help funding money for a mammogram
► ChildHealthSite - helping a child to get proper healthcare
► TheLiteracySite - helping a child in need to attain literacy
► TheRainforestSite - one click protect 11.4 square feet of rainforest.
► TheAnimalRescueSite - an animal obtains 0.6 bowls of food for each click
These are the two major websites, supporting the "click-to-donate" campaign.
Of course, there may be more, but I'm confident that
Care2 and TheHungerSite use all the money properly.
These websites have a support team, you can contact them and make sure for yourself.
Why did I choose the "click-to-donate" campaign?
Practically everyone can take part.
No credit card is needed, one is not burdened by some hard projects,
it takes a coffee break time... All you have to do is click regularly.
We all visit many websites every day. Let us pay some attention to the omnious enviromental problem and help,
even in this less traditional manner.
And listen to this song first :